New customer expectation: speed!
A chatbot is software that automates communication with people over the Internet. As virtual assistants, they answer questions asked in normal language in a personal and human way. They thus imitate a human interlocutor, but are a program, i.e. a pure human-machine interaction takes place. This is cheaper for the company and faster, easier for the customer to use and better accessible than most of today’s communication channels.
Not all ChatBots are based on AI
- KLM – Travel – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLASey3MAE
- Meekan – Productivity – https://meekan.com/slack/
- Hipmunk -Travel – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5HBDQop14
- Apple HomePod – Entertainment – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjhPgOQp54U
- DoNotPay – Legal – and a few other examples based on IBM Watson: https://www.ibm.com/blogs/watson/2017/06/bots-for-good-6-helpful-chatbots/